[R] ylim settings

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Tue Jun 12 00:44:00 CEST 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 13:57 -0700, Judith Flores wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I need to know what is the plus/minus adjustment
> (proportion) that ylim applies if I have something
> like this:
>
> ylim=range(c(x,z))
>
>    meaning what's the x-(proportion) and the z+
> (proportion)?
>

> Thank you,
>
> Judith

If I am correctly understanding your query, the answer is +/- 4% of the
range of values for the concatenated vectors, as you have it expressed
above, _IF_ par(yaxs) is set to the default value of 'r'.

If you set par(yaxs = "i"), then the y axis range is set to the min and
max values of the concatenated vectors.

See ?par for more information, specifically 'xaxs'.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz