[R] Problems with Vista, R 2.5.0 and function save

"Maja Schröter" maja.schroeter at gmx.de
Tue Jun 12 12:43:58 CEST 2007

Hi everyone,

I want to make use of the save function but it did not work.

I'm using vista and R 2.5.0, winzip is installed too.

Here's the code (from example ?save):

  > x <- runif(20)
  > y <- list(a = 1, b = TRUE, c = "oops")
  > save(x, y, file = "xy.Rdata")
   Fehler in gzfile(file, "wb") : kann Verbindung nicht öffnen
    Zusätzlich: Warning message:
    kann komprimierte Datei 'xy.Rdata' nicht öffnen

Thank you so much for your help.

Background: I want to crate a variable "masterfile" that I can start with data(masterfile) or attach(masterfile).

I.g.

Town<-c("London","Miami","Rio","Lansing")
Pollution<-c("34","32","50","17")
masterfile<-data.frame(Town,Pollution)
save(masterfile,file="masterfile.Rda")

Kindly regards,