[R] Linux equivalent to windows menus and script window

John Sorkin jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Tue Jun 12 19:42:33 CEST 2007

R 2.5 under windows XP
R 2.5 under Linux FC 6

I currently use R under windows and when I do so, I get to work in a nice windows environment complete with a very useful menu bar that  includes a FILE, EDIT, MISC, PACKAGE, WINDOWS, and HELP menus. I have begun to use R under LINUX. When I run under windows, I get a standard terminal window, but I don't get the menus specific to R. Under windows I also have the ability to open a SCRIPT window, edit R code in the window and submit the code from the window. Is there any way to get a window with R specific menus and a script window?
Thanks
John

John Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
(Phone) 410-605-7119

Confidentiality Statement:
This email message, including any attachments, is for the so...{{dropped}}