[R] Read Windows-like .INI files into R data structure?

Vladimir Eremeev wl2776 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 10:20:57 CEST 2007

One more question, inspired by this one, just to increase my R skill level.

Earl F. Glynn wrote:

> I need to process some datasets where the configuration information was
> stored in .INI-like files, i.e., text files with sections like this:
>
> [Section1]
> var1=value1
> var2=value2
> [Section2]
> A=value3
> B=value4

"var1=value1", "A=value3" is almost pure R code.
Is it possible to use this feature to solve the problem?
That is, something like eval(as.expression("A=value3"))  and assign (store)
the result in "lst$Section2" environment.

"lst" is a newly created list, containing the contents of the file being
processed.