[R] Problems with Vista, R 2.5.0 and function save

Stefan Grosse singularitaet at gmx.net
Wed Jun 13 11:45:34 CEST 2007

Hi Maja,

if you are working on your own computer an alternative could be to
install R in your user directory: c:\Users\your_loginname_\R or
c:\Users\your_loginname_\Documents\R I also had a problem with the
writing permissions when I tried updating R packages.

Btw. when I work with files I set the path directly (since I have
several different paths) so this is also a work around (
save(x,y,file="c:/Users/Maja/Documents/masterfile.Rda")  just note that
the windows backslash has been replaced).

Stefan