[R] R Book Advice Needed

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 17:31:27 CEST 2007

There are some online sources that you might find useful.  You could
get started on those while you decide what books to get:

- CRAN contributed documentation
  http://cran.r-project.org/other-docs.html

- S Poetry
  http://www.burns-stat.com/pages/spoetry.html

- Zoonekynd book
  http://zoonek2.free.fr/UNIX/48_R/all.html

- R manuals
  http://cran.r-project.org/manuals.html

- R News
  http://cran.r-project.org/doc/Rnews/

- various packages have vignettes which are PDF documents that discuss the
  package, often at length.
    vignette()  # shows vignettes for installed packages

- there was a vignette browser posted to r-devel recently
  http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/e2/devel/07/06/3498.html