[R] blotched y-axis text in plot function

Alexander.Herr at csiro.au Alexander.Herr at csiro.au
Thu Jun 14 06:39:35 CEST 2007

Hi List,

I have recently upgraded to opensuse10.2 and R 2.5 (compiled from
source). Now, whenever I use plot the y-axis and labels are black
blotches while x-axis and labels are fine.

Using demo(graphics) this occurs with plot/boxplot/hist/pairs/coplot but
not in the pie graphs and in the "The level of Interest in R" plot,
which uses axis to define the y-axis.

I presume this has to do with the font handling of linux/R. But, being
not a linux guru I am at your mercy to help me trace and fix this
problem.

Any help appreciated
Cheers Herry

Dr Alexander Herr - Herry