[R] problem with hist()

Mario Dejung forum at dejung.net
Thu Jun 14 14:30:47 CEST 2007

Hey everybody,
I try to make a graph with two different plots.

First I make a boxplot of my data. It is a collection off correlation
values of different pictures. For example:

0.23445 pica
0.34456 pica
0.45663 pica
0.98822 picb
0.12223 picc
0.34443 picc
etc.

Ok, I make this boxplot and I get for every picture the boxes. After this
I want to know, how many correlations per picture exist.
So I make a new vector y <- as.numeric(data$picture)

So I get for my example something like this:

[1] 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
[11] 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2
[16881] 59 59 59 60 60 60 60 60 60 60

After this I make something like this

boxplot(cor ~ pic)
par(new = TRUE)
hist(y, nclass = 60)

But there is my problem. I have 60 pictures, so I get 60 different
boxplots, and I want the hist behind the boxes. But it makes only 59
histbars.

What can I do? I tried also
hist(y, 1:60) # same effect
and
hist(y, 1:61)
this give me 60 places, but only 59 bars. the last bar is 0.

I hope anyone can help me.

Regards Mario