[R] R vs. Splus in Pharma/Devices Industry

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at intermountainmail.org
Fri Jun 15 17:42:28 CEST 2007

I am happy to say nice things about odfWeave.  Before it was released I
was looking at the RTF spec to see if I could write an RTF driver for
sweave.  But the task was a bit daunting and I doubt that I would have
had time for it.  So, I was (and still am) exited when odfWeave came
out.  It is a big time saver for  me and I have shown it to several
other people as well.

I have looked at ooconvert, but unfortunately the current version is
limited to *nix, and I am currently in a MS windows world.  I tried
getting it to run under cygwin at one point, but did not succeed at the
time.  Once it is available more generally, I will just set up Makefiles
so that I can automatically produce either .doc or .pdf documents from
my templates and data.

Thanks for the great package,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.