[R] how to obtain the OR and 95%CI with 1 SD change of a continue variable

felix xingwang.ye at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:23:07 CEST 2007

Dear all,

How to obtain the odds ratio (OR) and 95% confidence interval (CI) with
1 standard deviation (SD) change of a continuous variable in logistic
regression?

for example, to investigate the risk of obesity for stroke. I choose the
happening of stroke (positive) as the dependent variable, and waist
circumference as an independent variable. Then I wanna to obtain the OR
and 95% CI with 1 SD change of waist circumference.how?

Any default package(s) or options in glm available now?

if not, how to calculate them by hand?

many thanks.

yours,sincerely,
Xingwang Ye