[R] merge

Kevin E. Thorpe kevin.thorpe at utoronto.ca
Wed Jun 20 17:41:26 CEST 2007

elyakhlifi mustapha wrote:
> hello,
> is it possible to merge 2 matrix or data.frame by roxnames?
> I checked details about the functino merge but I haven't fond this option.
> Can you help me please?
> thanks.

The first paragraph of the Details section says:

By default the data frames are merged on the columns with names they
both have, but separate specifications of the columns can be given by
by.x and by.y. Columns can be specified by name, number or by a logical
vector: the name "row.names" or the number 0 specifies the row names.

--
Kevin E. Thorpe
Biostatistician/Trialist, Knowledge Translation Program