[R] sorting data

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Thu Jun 21 16:06:57 CEST 2007

Why don't you use a package like RODBC and read the data directly from
the Excel file? Then you probably won't have to worry on how to get the
dates in the right format.

Another, maybe easier, solution is to export the Excel to CSV and then
use read.csv().

Cheers,

Thierry

----
ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature
and Forest
Cel biometrie, methodologie en kwaliteitszorg / Section biometrics,
methodology and quality assurance
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium
tel. + 32 54/436 185
Thierry.Onkelinx op inbo.be
www.inbo.be

Do not put your faith in what statistics say until you have carefully
considered what they do not say.  ~William W. Watt
A statistical analysis, properly conducted, is a delicate dissection of
uncertainties, a surgery of suppositions. ~M.J.Moroney