[R] multiple return

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Fri Jun 22 13:27:35 CEST 2007

Put the return values in a vector or list

somma <- function (a, b) {
   c <- a+b
   return (c(a = a, b = b, c = c))
}

somma(5,7)
 a  b  c
 5  7 12

somma <- function (a, b) {
   c <- a+b
   return (list(a = a, b = b, c = c))
}

somma(5,7)
$a
[1] 5

$b
[1] 7

$c
[1] 12

Cheers,

Thierry
----
ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature
and Forest
Cel biometrie, methodologie en kwaliteitszorg / Section biometrics,
methodology and quality assurance
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium
tel. + 32 54/436 185
Thierry.Onkelinx op inbo.be
www.inbo.be

Do not put your faith in what statistics say until you have carefully
considered what they do not say.  ~William W. Watt
A statistical analysis, properly conducted, is a delicate dissection of
uncertainties, a surgery of suppositions. ~M.J.Moroney