[R] eps in odfWeave

Kuhn, Max Max.Kuhn at pfizer.com
Mon Jun 25 17:44:11 CEST 2007

Dieter,

What is the version of odfWeave? If you use those specifications in the
current version (0.5.9):

> plotInfo <- getImageDefs()
> plotInfo$type = "eps"
> plotInfo$device = "postscript"
> setImageDefs(plotInfo)
you will probabiliy need to set
horizontal = FALSE, onefile = FALSE, and paper = "special" to generate
ps graphics for OpenOffice
an image size of 480 inches by 480 inches has been requested.
> setImageDefs(plotInfo)

When I run somewhat altered options:

> plotInfo <- getImageDefs()
> plotInfo$type = "eps"
> plotInfo$plotWidth = 4
> plotInfo$plotHeight = 4
> plotInfo$device = "postscript"
> plotInfo$args = list(
+    horizontal = FALSE,
+    onefile = FALSE,
+    paper = "special")
> setImageDefs(plotInfo)
>
> demoFile <- system.file("examples", "simple.odt", package =
"odfWeave")
> odfWeave(demoFile, "c:/simpleOut.odt")
  Copying  C:/PROGRA~1/R/R250/library/odfWeave/examples/simple.odt
  Setting wd to
C:\DOCUME~1\KuhnA03\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rtmpp4Zcsb/odfWeave25113622566
<snip>
  Copying  simple.odt
  Resetting wd
  Removing
C:\DOCUME~1\KuhnA03\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rtmpp4Zcsb/odfWeave25113622566

  Done

There were some issues with eps and older versions of odfWeave, but I
don't recall that specific error.

[The only other "issue" with eps and odfWeave (on windows), is image
rendering. On my system, there is a windows system file called convert
(instead of imagemagick's convert) which messes up the image preview
within the document. Marc Schwartz and I have talked about this off-list
and he doesn't have the same issues.]

Max