[R] how to plot this?

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Tue Jun 26 13:06:24 CEST 2007

Weiwei Shi wrote:
> Hi, there:
>
> Suppose I have a couple of data.frames and each one has five columns
> (one for x-axis, two for y-axis and two for std of y's.) There is
> another dimensions (besides x and y) which is continuous. My question
> is, how to plot such series of data frames in one plot (thus,
> 3-dimensional plot) AND multiple 2-D plots. I am not familar with R's
> plotting utilities.

Hi Weiwei,

Maybe color2D.matplot for the 2D plots, setting par(mfrow...)
appropriately. I have just uploaded a new version of plotrix in which
color2D.matplot will handle NAs appropriately, doing such things as
upper or lower triangles of matrices. Look for version 2.2-2 when it
pops up on CRAN.

Jim