[R] ts() defunct in R 2.5.0?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jun 26 18:50:26 CEST 2007

ts() is in package stats, and has been for some years.
Package ts was removed at the same time.  The NEWS item say

     o   The autoloading of ts() is defunct.

which is very far from your misquote.

The problem is in the data directory of your package.  E.g.,
sowas/data/air.R has

air<-ts(data=x,start=t[1],frequency=12)

and you have not arranged for package 'stats' to be available.  You need
stats::ts.

Please study 'Writing R Extensions' for the requirements on R code to be
used by data().