[R] survsplit and multiple event indicators

Williams Scott Scott.Williams at petermac.org
Wed Jun 27 00:35:00 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I have a dataset of censored observations which contains 2 variables
which I wish to account for in a time-dependent manner (tumour
recurrence and subsequent treatment of that recurrence). Hence I need to
convert the data to counting process notation. survSplit and the like do
a nice job of doing this for a single event variable - is there anything
that can do it for 2 or more events? Can survSplit be adapted or is
there another way (which saves me having to write my own code)?

Cheers

Scott

Scott Williams MD

Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre