[R] epitools and R 2.5

Tomas Aragon aragon at berkeley.edu
Thu Jun 28 04:32:57 CEST 2007

--- Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, Pietro Bulian wrote:
>
> > At work after updating to R 2.5 I get an error using epitab from
> package
> > epitools, when at home  (R 2.4) I get no error. Could someone help
> me?
>
> The maintainer: this is a long-standing bug in the package.
> But you have enough information from the error message to correct the
> bug
> and rebuild the package yourself.
>
> There are no such versions of R as '2.5' and '2.4' (see the posting
> guide), but R 2.4.0 did give a warning on your example.
>
> Note that you are using different versions of epitools in your two
> locations, a difference you failed to mention and which may be
> important.

Thanks Pietro! I am the maintainer and found the bug.

In the 'epitab' function:

    if (method == "oddsratio") {
        else {
            fin <- list(tab = tab, measure = oddsratio,
                  conf.level = conf.level, pvalue = pvalue, )
        }

The comma should not be after the second "pvalue". You can correct this
in your local workspace. I will correct and upload new package.

Tomas

=======
Tomas Aragon, MD, DrPH
Tel: 510-847-9139 (mobile)