[R] "no applicable method"

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Jun 29 11:10:34 CEST 2007

Hi

>From help page

A data frame is a list of variables of the same length with unique row
names, given class "data.frame".

so something completely different from matrix (which is AFAIK a vector
with dimensions attribute). Therefore  matrix needs to have all its values
of the same type (numeric, character) but in data framwe you can mix
columns with different types.

Regards

Petr Pikal
petr.pikal at precheza.cz