[R] Problem with library(CarbonEL) in .Rprofile

max.e.brown at gmail.com max.e.brown at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 11:16:59 CEST 2007

Hello,

I am a Mac user and prefer the quartz device. So far, I have always
typed the following in manually after starting R via ESS:

library(CarbonEL)
options(device="quartz")

That works without problems, and allows me to use the quartz device
instead of X11.

I put this into my .Rprofile, thinking that this way I don't have to
type this every time I start R. Once I do this (there is nothing else
in the .Rprofile), I get the following error, though:

Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
	unable to load shared library '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/CarbonEL/libs/ppc/CarbonEL.so':
  dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/CarbonEL/libs/ppc/CarbonEL.so, 6): Symbol not found: _TransformProcessType
  Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/CarbonEL/libs/ppc/CarbonEL.so
  Expected in: flat namespace
Error in library(CarbonEL) : .First.lib failed for 'CarbonEL'

What do I need to do to get this to work?

Thanks.

Max

Mac OS X 10.4.10
R 2.3.1