[R] align() function missing in R ?

Markus Loecher markus at insightfromdata.com
Fri Jun 29 15:02:21 CEST 2007

Thank you for your responses, I should have given an example of the
functionality I am looking for, here are three typical scenarios that
I deal with a lot in my work:

- a regular timeseries with lots of missing values that I want to
convert to the corresponding regular time series with mssing values
replaced by NAs, e.g.:
         x = timeSeries(c(0.5,0.2,0.3,0.4,0.3,0.2,0.3), pos =
c(1,2,5,8,9,12,14));
         x.align = align(x, pos = 1:14, method = "NA");
- a regular timeseries at a coarse scale which I want to linearly
interpolate to a finer time scale:
         x = ts(1:10, frequency = 4);
         x.align = align(x, frequency = 8, method = "interp")
- an irregular timeseries which I want to linearly interpolate to a
regular time grid:
         x = timeSeries(c(0.5,0.2,0.3,0.4,0.3,0.2,0.3), pos =
c(1,2.5,3.2,4.1,5.7,6.5,7.3));
         x.align = align(x, pos = 1:7, method = "interp");

I am wondering how to easily code such a function using only window,
ts.union and ts.intersect.

Thanks again,
Markus