[R] Another newbie book recommandation question

Charles Annis, P.E. Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
Thu Mar 1 16:52:14 CET 2007

Oh, Boy.  This might result in a data dump since each of us has a personal
library.  Here are the top dozen or so from mine:

   1. Agresti, Alan, Categorical Data Analysis, 2nd ed., Wiley, 2002

   2. Box, George E. P., William G. Hunter, and J. Stewart Hunter,
Statistics for Experimenters, Wiley, 1978

   3. Casella, George and Roger L. Berger, Statistical Inference, Duxbury
Press, 2001

   4. Chatfield, C., The Analysis of Time Series, 4th ed., Chapman & Hall,
1989

   5. Cressie, Noel A. C., Statistics for Spatial Data, Wiley, 1993

   6. Fisher, Ronald A., Statistical Methods for Research Workers.  (First
published in 1925; 14th edition was ready for publication in 1962, when
Fisher died, and was published in 1990, by the Oxford University Press,
along with Experimental Design and Scientific Inference, with corrections to
the 1991 edition, in 1993.)

   7. Efron, Bradley and Robert J. Tibshirani, An Introduction to the
Bootstrap, Chapman and Hall, 1993

   8. Gelman, Andrew, John B. Carlin, Hal S. Stern, Donald B. Rubin,
Bayesian Data Analysis, 2nd ed., Chapman & Hall/CRC, 2003

   9. Johnson, Richard A. and Dean W. Wichern, Applied Multivariate
Statistical Analysis, 5th ed., Prentice Hall, 20021988

  10. Kutner, Michael, and Christopher J. Nachtsheim, John Neter, William
Li, Applied Linear Statistical Models, 5th ed., McGraw-Hill/Irwin, 2005

  11. Lawless, Jerald F., Statistical Models and Methods for Lifetime Data,
Wiley, 1982

  12. McCullagh, P. and J.A. Nelder, Generalized Linear Models, Chapman &
Hall, 2nd ed., 1989

  13. Meeker and Escobar, Statistical Methods for Reliability Data, Wiley,
1998

  14. Robert, Christian P. and George Casella, Monte Carlo Statistical
Methods, Springer, 1999

  15. Venables and Ripley, Modern Applied Statistics with S, 4th ed.,
Springer, 2002

Charles Annis, P.E.

Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
phone: 561-352-9699
eFax:  614-455-3265
http://www.StatisticalEngineering.com