[R] PROC TABULATE with R

David Meyer david.meyer at wu-wien.ac.at
Thu Mar 1 17:34:53 CET 2007

You can also have a look at structable() in vcd, especially the indexing
functions. The problem with OLAP in R is, that you will have to create
sth. like a hierarchical factor to handle rollup/drilldown correctly.

And you will have to decide whether it's purely memory-based (fast
calculations, but memory limit), or you do it using data bases / SQL (slow).

And finally, you will need some simple GUI to provide interactive use
(doing OLAP using command-line functions is not really OLAP).

Best,
David

--
Dr. David Meyer
Department of Information Systems and Operations

Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration
Augasse 2-6, A-1090 Wien, Austria, Europe
Tel: +43-1-313 36 4393
Fax: +43-1-313 36 90 4393
HP:  http://wi.wu-wien.ac.at/~meyer/