[R] matrices dimensions limitation

Bruno C. bruno.c at inwind.it
Thu Mar 1 18:20:57 CET 2007

Hello,
I have several questions around matrices size limitation:
     can i create a matrix with 700000 rows?
     does it depends on the number of columns?
     if so can Is there a way to ask to R, given the number of columns, the max number of rows I can have?

I need in fact to do regression prediction on a huge matrix (700000x1000)ca. ...
I will probably have to decompose it on several matrices, and I would do that in an intelligent way so that if my observation matrix size change I do not need to rewrite my code...

Thanx in advance