[R] repost-configure error on Mandriva 2007

Bricklemyer, Ross S rsb at wsu.edu
Fri Mar 2 00:33:31 CET 2007

All,

Apparently the attachment did not make it through the list serve.

I am having difficulty installing R-2.4.1 on Mandriva Linux 2007
Discovery.  Thanks to the help of Doug Bates I got further along the
path (Thanks Doug!!).  I now cannot figure out which line of code needs
modified in order for configure to complete.  Please see below for the
last several lines of output.

checking whether the gfortran linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64)
supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking whether makeinfo version is at least 4.7... yes
checking for cos in -lm... yes
checking for sin in -lm... yes
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking readline/history.h usability... yes
checking readline/history.h presence... yes
checking for readline/history.h... yes
checking readline/readline.h usability... yes
checking readline/readline.h presence... yes
checking for readline/readline.h... yes
checking for rl_callback_read_char in -lreadline... no
checking for main in -lncurses... no
checking for main in -ltermcap... no
checking for main in -ltermlib... no
checking for rl_callback_read_char in -lreadline... no
checking for history_truncate_file... no
configure: error: --with-readline=yes (default) and headers/libs are not
available

Ross Bricklemyer
Dept. of Crop and Soil Sciences
Washington State University