[R] [friday topic]: what exactly is statistical computing

Joel J. Adamson jadamson at PARTNERS.ORG
Fri Mar 2 20:30:33 CET 2007

Wensui Liu writes:
 > but what exactly is the definition of statistical computing?

In my world, statistical computing is using computers for statistical
calculation and data management.  By "using computers" I mean "using
computers for their greatest strengths," and by that I mean
programming them to do exactly what I need.

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and properly dispose of this information.