[R] residuals in lme4 package

Cristina Gomes gomes at eva.mpg.de
Sun Mar 4 17:32:35 CET 2007

Hi,
I have not been able to calculate residuals in the lme4 package. I've
been trying the resid() function after I ran a GLMM with the lmer()
function, but I get an error message that says "residuals are not
inserted yet". I looked it up in the "help" history and I realized that
several people have had this problem in the past, related to some bug in
this function and fixed it usually just by upgrading the lme4 package or
Matrix package. I did, but it didn't work.
Does anybody have any idea whats going on? Or could you suggest me
another way of getting and plotting the residuals?
Thanks a lot,
Cristina.
--
Cristina Gomes Parisca