[R] The plot of qqmath

José Rafael Ferrer Paris jr_frrr at yahoo.de
Tue Mar 6 14:42:57 CET 2007

qqmath is in the lattice package, which is not compatible with the
"conventional" graphics parameter. Why not using qqnorm and qqline
instead?
If you want to combine qqmath with other lattice plots you should look
at the documentation of the lattice and grid packages. If you read
carefully in

help(Lattice,package="lattice")

" Lattice plots are highly customizable via user-modifiable
     settings. However, these are completely unrelated to base graphics
     settings; in particular, changing 'par()' settings usually have no
     effect on lattice plots."

 help(Grid,package="grid")

"    Grid graphics provides an alternative to the standard R graphics.
     The user is able to define arbitrary rectangular regions (called
     _viewports_) on the graphics device and define a number of
     coordinate systems for each region.  Drawing can be specified to
     occur in any viewport using any of the available coordinate
     systems.

     Grid graphics and standard R graphics do not mix!

     Type 'library(help = grid)' to see a list of (public) Grid
     graphics functions."

El mar, 06-03-2007 a las 13:48 +0100, Serguei Kaniovski escribió:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to inlude the Q-Q plot by "qqmath" into a panel with other
> plots, say, using par(mfrow=c(1,2)). How can this be done given that
> "qqmath" refreshes the plotting window and there seems to be no series
> coming out of it?
>
> Thanks
> Serguei

hope that helps.