[R] Off topic:Spam on R-help increase?

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Tue Mar 6 19:00:11 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 08:23 -0800, Bert Gunter wrote:
> Folks:
>
> In the past 2 days I have seen a large increase of  spam getting into
> R-help. Are others experiencing this problem? If so, has there been some
> change to the spam filters on the R-servers? If not, is the problem on my
> end?
>
> Feel free to reply privately.
>
> Thanks.

The "Human Spam Filter" (aka Martin) is on vacation through Friday,
subsequent to attending DSC.

Not sure if there is much else that can be done until his return.

The good news is that my automated filters on my system are picking up
'most' of them.  But there has been a notable increase in the past few
days suggesting that something is amiss in Zurich...

It is also happening on the other R related lists (ie. ESS, etc.).

Regards,

Marc