[R] No fit statistics for some models using sem

David Barron mothsailor at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 7 19:31:09 CET 2007

It's not the correlation as such that is the problem; it's because you
only have 10 degrees of freedom "available" with four observed
variables, and you are estimating 10 parameters, which is why you get
a chi square of zero.  When you remove any one free parameter (such as
the correlation), the model becomes identified.