[R] sqlSave help!

leesan echoboi at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 20:37:49 CET 2007

Hi Everyone,
I'm so confused.  I've been trying to save data to a table but I keep
getting an error that says the table
does not exist and at other times saying that it does. So here are some
statements:

> sqlQuery(channel, "select top 1 * from
> TestDB.[SILICON\\holouis1].clep_tier_shift")
  State         NB Change_Number
1    IL 2005-02-08             7

It exists and I can get data from it, but if I try to use fetch or columns:

> sqlFetch(channel, "TestDB.[SILICON\\holouis1].clep_tier_shift")
Error in odbcTableExists(channel, sqtable) :
        'TestDB.[SILICON\holouis1].clep_tier_shift': table not found on
channel

> sqlColumns(channel, "TestDB.[SILICON\\holouis1].clep_tier_shift")
Error in sqlColumns(channel, "TestDB.[SILICON\\holouis1].clep_tier_shift") :
        'TestDB.[SILICON\holouis1].clep_tier_shift': table not found on
channel

Now if I try to save, it says error: table exists already even though I set
append = T...

> sqlQuery(channel, "select top 1 * from
> TestDB.[SILICON\\holouis1].clep_tier_shift") -> nuts
> sqlSave(channel, dat= nuts,
> tablename="TestDB.[SILICON\\holouis1].clep_tier_shift",safer= T)
Error in sqlSave(channel, dat = nuts, tablename =
"TestDB.[SILICON\\holouis1].clep_tier_shift",  :
        [RODBC] ERROR: Could not SQLExecDirect
S0001 2714 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]There is already
an object named 'clep_tier_shift' in the database.

any help would be much appreciated, thanks!