[R] No years() function?

José Rafael Ferrer Paris jr_frrr at yahoo.de
Wed Mar 7 22:42:13 CET 2007

>From the help of weekdays:

"Note:

     Other components such as the day of the month or the year are very
     easy to compute: just use 'as.POSIXlt' and extract the relevant
     component."

Yet another option:

help(package="chron")

JR

El mié, 07-03-2007 a las 15:35 +0000, Sérgio Nunes escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to aggregate date values using the aggregate function. For example:
>
> aggregate(data,by=list(weekdays(LM),months(LM)),FUN=length)
>
> I would also like to aggregate by year but there seems to be no
> years() function.
> Should there be one? Is there any alternative choice?
>
> Also, a hours() function would be great. Any tip on this?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Sérgio Nunes

Dipl.-Biol. JR Ferrer Paris
Laboratorio de Biología de Organismos --- Centro de Ecología
Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Científicas (IVIC)
Apdo. 21827, Caracas 1020-A
República Bolivariana de Venezuela

Tel: (+58-212) 504-1452
Fax: (+58-212) 504-1088