[R] Sweave issue: quotes in verbatim-like output print incorrectly

Peter Dunn dunn at usq.edu.au
Thu Mar 8 01:59:52 CET 2007

Thanks to Gavin Simpson and Patrick Drechsler:
The solution was simple.  (No idea how I would have
discovered these answers without this R mailing list!)

Many thanks.

P.

Gavin Simpson <gavin.simpson at ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 15:33 +1000, Peter Dunn wrote:
>> But I recently received a new computer, and ever since I
>> have had a problem I've never seen before.
>>
>> For example, I place the following in my Snw file:
>
> Try this in the preamble of your Snw file:
>
> \usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}

\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}

should suffic for this. Also, utf8 is newer than utf8x. So if you only
need the ISO 8859 subset of Unicode, utf8 should serve your needs.

HTH

Patrick
--
I never used a logarithm in my life, and could not undertake to
extract the square root of four without misgivings.