[R] RMySQL on win32

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Mar 12 19:58:31 CET 2007

Pete Cap wrote:
> List,
>
> I am still unable to compile RMySQL on XP and would appreciate any assistance anyone could provide.
>
> I know that setting up RMySQL on win32 is not easy.  The installation instructions are supposedly contained in ../src/README.win.  They give instructions on creating a file, libmysql.a, which I was able to do successfully.
>
> Here is where the instructions basically break down.  The creation of this file all occurs in \MySQL\..\lib\opt, after which the reader is instructed to copy libmysql.a to ..\lib\opt (huh?  You mean, where it already is?).  Then the reader is instructed to build the binaries with Rcmd build --binary RMySQL.
>
>>From the windows command shell, the result is:
>
> C:\>Rcmd build --binary RMySQL
> * checking for file 'RMySQL/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
> * preparing 'RMySQL':
> * checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ...'sh' is not recognized as an internal  or external command, operable program or batch file.
>  OK
> * cleaning src
> 'sh' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
> Error: cannot open file 'c:/TEMP/Rout381268676' for reading

Please follow the Instructions to set up your build environment as
mentioned in the R Installation and Administration manual. That includes
installing the tools from Duncan Murdochs Webpage and putting it into
your path. You either forgot to install those tools or you forgot to add
it to your PATH environment variable.

Uwe Ligges