[R] how to...

casot at libero.it casot at libero.it
Fri Mar 16 16:55:54 CET 2007

for example:
I have got these data, organized in a dataframe.

		sample1	sample2	sample3	sample4	group
replicate1	1.00	0.02	0.35	0.50	A
replicate2	1.00	0.02	1.54	1.11	A
replicate3	1.00	0.02	1.54	1.11	A
replicate4	1.00	0.02	1.54	1.11	A
replicate5	1.00	0.10	0.18	0.72	B
replicate6	1000.00	0.75	0.86	7.26	B
replicate7	1000.00	0.75	0.18	0.36	B
replicate8	1000.00	0.75	12.09	0.74	B
replicate9	1000.00	0.75	12.09	0.84	C
replicate10	1000.00	0.98	0.65	0.50	C
replicate11	2.00	6.00	6.00	2.00	C
replicate12	6.00	6.00	2.00	6.00	C

the first four columns represent the diffent sample I have to test with ANOVA.the last column is related to the group of each entry. Using "aov()" I can run a test on each column. but I would like to run the ANOVAs for each colum (that in my case are hundreds) in an automated way. I can't set up a working script with the "loop" in this case, surely because of my scarce knowledge in programming. can you help me?
the next problem is how to collect the results in a simple way. for example having them organized in a table such as

SAMPLE ANOVA
sample1 ok
sample2 ok
sample3 not significant