[R] matrix similarity comparison

Carlos Guerra carlosguerra at esa.ipvc.pt
Mon Mar 19 10:57:06 CET 2007

Good morning to you all,

I have a problem with a set of matrices that I want to compare.

I want to see the similarity between them, and to be able to extract the
differences between them.

They have all the same number of columns and rows, and correspond
presence absence data:

for example:

m1 <- matrix(c(1,0,0,0,1,0,1,1,1,1,1,1), 3,4)
m2 <- matrix(c(1,0,1,0,1,0,0,1,0,1,0,1), 3,4)

I tried with the function cor2m() [package=edodist] but it didn't worked
and my matrices are much bigger than the ones from the example.

Thank you,

Carlos

--
Carlos GUERRA

Gabinete de Sistemas de Informacao Geografica
Escola Superior Agraria de Ponte de Lima
Mosteiro de Refoios do Lima
4990-706 Ponte de Lima

Tlm: +351 91 2407109
Tlf: +351 258 909779