[R] BETA testers for xlsReadWrite? (natively read/write Excelfiles)

Hans-Peter gchappi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 01:10:44 CET 2007

Dear UseRs,

I have an update ready for the xlsReadWrite package. It runs my unit
tests just fine but there are quite a lot of changes and it would be
good if some other people could try it out before it will be submited
to CRAN. I won't have more time this week, but I hope to publish
xlsReadWrite at the end of next week and I will incorporate eventual
bugreports and/or (minor) suggestions which I learn of.

The most important new features are + possibility to read/write
dates/times + rownames for matrices + checknames (colnames) + better
factor support + 'stringsAsFactors' and 'rownames' argument. I also
added 4 general purpose datetime functions to convert excel dates
from/to strings.

Download:
- zip: http://treetron.googlepages.com/BETAxlsReadWrite_1.2.1.zip
- source: http://treetron.googlepages.com/BETAxlsReadWrite_1.2.1.tar.gz
- testdata: http://treetron.googlepages.com/BETAxlsReadWrite_TestData_1.2.1.zip

Some of you may be aware that this package is made with Delphi and
contains Object Pascal code. It doesn't matter normally but now I
mention it, because this evening I got the brand new Delphi 2007 and
xlsReadWrite was the thing used to try out this (very good) new
version...

--
Regards,
Hans-Peter