[R] vars :VARMA, multivariate time series?

Paul Gilbert pgilbert at bank-banque-canada.ca
Tue Mar 20 16:22:51 CET 2007

sj wrote:
> I have a multivariate time series and I would like to build a forecasting
> model with both AR and MA terms, I think that this is possible in R. I have
> looked at the vars package and it looks like it is possible to estimate MA
> terms using the Phi and Psi functions but I am not sure how to incorporate
> the estimated terms into a forecasting model. I have also looked at the dse
> package, but have not been able to determine how to estimate a VARMA from
> the documentation,

hmmm.  In the dse1 package in the dse bundle you might look at
?estMaxLik, or in the User's Guide, both of which have examples of this.
  I'm not sure why people have trouble finding it, but if you let me
know what you did look at then I will try to fix the documentation so it
can be found more easily.

Paul Gilbert

  any direction on which packages to use for VARMA would be
> appreciated.
>
> thanks,
>
> Spencer
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

La version française suit le texte anglais.