[R] error installing packages

Bernardo Rangel Tura tura at centroin.com.br
Tue Mar 20 22:18:52 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 09:33 -0800, Bricklemyer, Ross S wrote:
> I was finally able to get R to 'configure', 'make', and 'install' on Mandriva 2007.  Itried to install gnomeGUI and I received an error.  See below.  At what step do I make R a shared library?  Where did I go wrong?
>
> Ross

> downloaded 74Kb
>
> * Installing *Frontend* package 'gnomeGUI' ...
> Using R Installation in R_HOME=/usr/local/lib64/R
> R was not built as a shared library
> Need a shared R library
> ERROR: configuration failed for package 'gnomeGUI'
> * Removing '/usr/local/lib64/R/library/gnomeGUI'
>
> The downloaded packages are in
>         /root/tmp/RtmpkHUeyA/downloaded_packages
> Warning message:
> installation of package 'gnomeGUI' had non-zero exit status in: install.packages(c("gnomeGUI"))
> =================================================================================================

Hi Ross!

I use Ubuntu and instaling R using Synaptic. In this software have this
observation about GnomeGUI:

As of R 2.1.0, this interface is no longer provided with the upstream
sources. As such, this package is now an empty stub that will be removed
in a subsequent revision of the Debian package.

So I think  gnomeGUI not instalable in R now...
--
Bernardo Rangel Tura,M.D.,Ph.D
National Institute of Cardiology