[R] question on suppressing error messages with Rmath library

Ranjan Maitra maitra at iastate.edu
Wed Mar 21 14:38:26 CET 2007

Dear list,

I have been using the Rmath library for quite a while: in the current instance, I am calling dnt (non-central t density function) repeatedly for several million. When the argument is small, I get the warning message:

full precision was not achieved in 'pnt'

which is nothing unexpected. (The density calls pnt, if you look at the function dnt.) However, to have this happen a huge number of times, when the optimizer is churning through the dataset is bothersome, but more importantly, a bottleneck in terms of speed. Is it possible to switch this off? Is there an setting somewhere that I am missing?

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan