[R] Truncated x-axis values

Urban, Alexander a-urban at ti.com
Thu Mar 22 20:41:49 CET 2007

John
Thanks for your reply and sorry for not beein specific enough
Try this piece of code (it's an abstraction of my application...)

par(las = 2)
par(mfrow=c(2, 1))
x =  c(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8)
y = c("abcdccefghijk", "bcssdefghijkl", "abddessfghijk",
"bddessfghijkl","abcdssedghijk","bcdedghijkl","assbcdefghidk","bcdedssgh
ijkl")

boxplot(x~y)
boxplot(x~y)

In the lower chart the labels are truncated...(not totally visible)
Is this clearer now?

Thanks
Alex