[R] Updating a worksheet in Excel file using RODBC

Hans-Peter gchappi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 17:44:17 CET 2007

Hi,

2007/3/23, Moshe Olshansky <molshansky at chimaeracapital.com>:
> Hello!
>
>I have no problem reading Excel files (each worksheet in the file is
a >"table" which can be read - at least in my case).
>What I would like to do is to read such a table, change it (just the
>contents, not the format) and write it back, and this I can not do.
I am >getting the following error messages (3 slightly different
attempts):

> [snip]

As another option (if you work with Windows) you can check my
"xlsReadWrite" package (-> CRAN).

It should work very well in your case (it's not suited if you want to
use SQL (join) statements, but for plain data reading/writing it is
nice).

For both versions (free/pro) updates are pending. They should be
released by end of next week (but no guarantees).

--
Regards,
Hans-Peter