[R] p-values for GLMMs

Cristina Gomes lists at eva.mpg.de
Fri Mar 23 19:02:19 CET 2007

Hi there,
I have a question about the GLMM that I'm doing, that a statistician
friend suggested I should have for my analysis. I would like to know if
there's any way of obtaining a p value and R square for the full model
(and not each variable separately) as to asses whether this model is
somewhat appropriate or not. Can one do this for a GLMM in the lme4
package?
The other thing I wanted to know if there's a way to obtain residuals
for a GLMM in the lme4 package. I would like to see the effect of the
significant variables by plotting the residuals of the model without the
variable of interest against the variable of interest, but I haven't
found a way of obtaining residuals.
I hope somebody can help me with this.
Thanks a lot,
Cheers,