[R] sort argument in mosaicplot

Jean lobry lobry at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Sun Mar 25 12:52:39 CEST 2007

>x <- matrix(1:4,2,2)
>mosaicplot(x)
># This one is OK
>mosaicplot(x, sort = 1:length(dim(x)) )
># Not OK, I have the following error message:
>Erreur dans mosaicplot.default(x, sort = 1:length(dim(x))) :
>         objet "label" non trouv?

More info on this:

i) I was told by a colleague that it was working under the
(obsolete) R 2.4.0. I have checked this with our RWeb sever which
is still under R 2.4.0 and it is true that
mosaicplot(x, sort = 1:length(dim(x)) ) works.

ii) I have tried the same code after sourcing the file at
https://svn.r-project.org/R/trunk/src/library/graphics/R/mosaicplot.R
and I have the same error message saying that the object
"label" was not found.

So, is it a fortune(2) issue or something I have missed in
the sort argument of mosaicplot() ? I have searched for the
word "mosaicplot" in the "2.4 SERIES NEWS" and found only one
occurrence in the changes in R version 2.2.0 saying
"The default mosaicplot() method by default draws grey boxes"
that does not seem to be related to the sort argument.
I have also searched for the word "sort", but none seems to
be related to the sort agument of mosaicplot().

Best,

BTW, a completely unrelated question: is it possible to
turn on/turn off temporarilly (i.e. without quitting
the R session) the locale settings so as
to get error and warning messages reported in english?
--
Jean R. Lobry            (lobry at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr)
Laboratoire BBE-CNRS-UMR-5558, Univ. C. Bernard - LYON I,