[R] Updating a worksheet in Excel file using RODBC

Moshe Olshansky molshansky at chimaeracapital.com
Tue Mar 27 01:32:15 CEST 2007

Dear Hans-Peter,

Thank you very much for your note!

I tried your package and it works all right (i.e. it indeed writes data to Excel files), however it creates a new Excel file and this is not what I really need.  I need to update/create one sheet in the existing file.
I am using R do compute some data but then it must be put into an Excel file and an Excel chart must be created.  So I intended to (manually) create one excel file and to write a VBA macro which makes a desirable chart of a certain sheet (let's say Sheet1).  Then I intended to autoomatically make many copies of this file with appropriate file names, write the right data to Sheet1 of each such file so that when it is opened a desired chart is automatically created.  So creting a totally new file does not help me.

Best regards,

Moshe.