[R] Regarding Vista

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Thu Mar 29 21:02:32 CEST 2007

 <christian.ritter <at> shell.com> writes:

> The Vista issue is not innocent as it threatens the life of R within large
corporations. So any posts on how R
> runs under Vista and what has to be done to make it work and what cannot be
done etc will be very useful.

Main problem seems to be the installation of chm-files when upgrading. I had to
switch off all security mechanisms to get it done. Which is probably not what
you would like to have in a corporate environment.

As a temporary workaround, it would probably be best to optionally disable chm
installation. Or do a poll if is is required, after all it's considered a legacy
format nowadays.

Dieter