[R] pipe Apple

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Thu Mar 29 22:43:28 CEST 2007

This expression,
    read.table(pipe("pbpaste"))
does work for me on an OS X 10.4.9 system.
And it was working 2 years ago on a 10.3.8 system (an older R, obviously).

I would look to how R was installed, what version of R, that kind of thing.
Use the sessionInfo() command to provide that information.
(the posting guide asks for information about the R version, without
which it is more difficult to help)

What does the R expression
    capabilities()
return?

Also, if what she's copying and pasting from is Excel, the gdata
package has a function read.xls() function which can read data
directly from Excel.

-Don