[R] Regarding Vista

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Fri Mar 30 09:15:03 CEST 2007

 <gyadav <at> ccilindia.co.in> writes:

> I am facing the same problem in my case. R 2.4.1 have installed
> successfully, but when i try to install the packages from a local zip
> file. It gives the following error message.
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> > utils:::menuInstallLocal()
> Error in zip.unpack(pkg, tmpDir) : cannot open file 'C:/Program
> Files/R/R-2.4.1/library/file5d2b5841/aaMI/chtml/aaMI.chm'
> >
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> Please tell me how to install the packages in a corporate environment. I
> mean i could not understand your reply, may you be a bit more elaborate so
> that i can fix up the problem in my corporate laptop.

The general recommendation in the FAQ Prof. Ripley mentions works for me; so
does switching of User Account Control (english?) totally. This may not be
feasible for you on a corporate laptop. I tried the following method: Download
the updates locally, remove the chm folder, install from local zip file. Works
for some packages, but when a DLL is included, the story starts again, and you
cannot remove these.

So, sorry, currently no simple solution for corporate laptops where you don't
have full rights.

Dieter