[R] substitute NA values

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 15:00:13 CEST 2007

I assume you are referring to na.roughfix in randomForest.  I don't think it
works for logical vectors or for factors outside of data frames:

> library(randomForest)
> DF <- data.frame(a = c(T, F, T, NA, T), b = c(1:3, NA, 5))
> na.roughfix(DF)
Error in na.roughfix.data.frame(DF) : na.roughfix only works for
numeric or factor
> DF$a <- factor(DF$a)
> na.roughfix(DF$a)
Error in na.roughfix.default(DF$a) : roughfix can only deal with numeric data.
> na.roughfix(DF)
      a   b
1  TRUE 1.0
2 FALSE 2.0