[R] Wikibooks

Alberto Monteiro albmont at centroin.com.br
Fri Mar 30 16:37:52 CEST 2007

Duncan Murdoch wrote:

>> This works when there's a decent documentation for the function.
>> The functions in the tcltk package, for example, are horribly
>> undocumented, and asking for help only loops to a general
>> help about all (and none) of the functions.
>
> I don't remember if you've said which platform you're working on,
> but if you're on Windows, the TCL/TK documentation is available to
> you.  It's in RHOME/Tcl/doc.  This is mentioned in the ?tcltk R help
> topic.

I always find it easier to get the help from the Internet, even
using Google (search for "tcl/tk grid", for example) than with
the internal documentation...

> I believe most Unix-like systems with TCL/TK support installed would
> have the same documentation available, but I don't know where.
>
> That documentation assumes you're using a TCL interpreter rather
> than R, so the syntax is all wrong, but there's a mechanical
> translation from it to R syntax which is described in the
> ?TkCommands R help topic.
>
> So these functions may be horribly documented, but they're not
> horribly undocumented.

Ok, maybe I should shut up complaining and actually _do_ something
useful, like going into the R-Wiki and _writing_ everything I learned
about R in the past 6 months...

Alberto Monteiro